Highs + Lows
2018 was a life changer. Mostly good and transformative, a little weird, eye-opening and challenging to say the least. The year began with me learning how to be a mom to my infant daughter. While struggling with post-partum depression, I had to learn how to just be happy again and figure out my place in the grand scheme of things. After a lot of soul-searching, tears, and prayer, I found a balance in my life and the days began to get easier.
One of my biggest accomplishments was being able to open my studio which has been a dream of mine for years now. The studio is a small space inside a grungy artist community in the middle of the city. It has a goat farm outside and chickens who will follow you from your car to the building. The complex has charm and character. My clients love the new space and the studio has opened a lot of doors or me so far.
I experienced a lot of joy in 2018 but at the same time, it has been very difficult for me to look back over the past year. My personal journey and growth were substantial and for that, I am proud of myself. My goals for the new year are going to piggyback off of my progress over the last several months so I can continue down a path of health and wellness. I now see what my priorities will be for 2019 and my physical, mental and spiritual health are going to be a top priority going forward.
2019 Goals + Resolutions
- Exercise a minimum of 3 days a week but push for 5
- Meal Prep each week for the week ahead
- Learn to meditate (I’m SUPER interested in this)
Just For Me
- I have been picking up sewing again which I used to do all the time when I was younger. I would like to do at least one sewing project a month if not 2.
- Read one book a month. I just finished Anna Kendrick’s Scrappy Little Nobody and began reading UnFu*k Yourself – Get Out Of Your Head And Into Your Life by Gary John Bishop
- Gain 1000 followers on my @lacecosmetics Instagram
- Expand the services I offer to my clients
- Break my current client bookings record
I have more goals in mind than what is listed but I will start with these and add more as I go through the year. It will be nice to revisit this list throughout the year and see what progress I am making. The goal is to not just have a resolution but to change my lifestyle in a way that I am healthier and happier by the end of the year. What goals have you set for yourself? I would really love to hear what you are doing as well as how you plan to do it. I wish you all a very happy 2019 and lets crush our goals together!